Sunday, November 6, 2011

Breaking Dawn - Twilight Convention 2011

...and let the Twilight madness continue!

Today was a busy, busy day! But we had a lot of fun at the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Convention in Century City :) it was a full day of non-stop action and celebrities, clips and questions. I couldn't spring for the Gold section ticket ($359+) so I went for the Saturday Preferred seat...ended up with C68 which wasn't too bad. I was side-stage, so my vantage point was a little skewed...but still worked out for some decent pictures.

Please allow me to apologize for some pictures in advance. Unfortunately, I had to shoot in full manual mode...flashes are useless, so I decided to monopolize the multiple flashes from everyone else. Some worked, some didn't. Also, I tried to use my 2.5 digital zoom and while sometimes it worked, mostly it didn't and the pictures are ultimately grainy. Oh well...I'm still going to share some with you.

As before...if you're going to use my pictures please link back to my blog or site me as your source. I don't tag my pictures because it's annoying and frankly too much work. I love to share...I just don't like to see my pictures up somewhere claimed by someone else (boo!)


Ok...so here are some the best pictures out of the 400+ that I took...click on the image to see the full picture.

Vendor Hall pics...
Denali Coven - Wedding Attire

Honeymoon Chess Set

Esme & Carlisle's Wedding Attire & Candleabra

Replica Wedding Cake & Invitation

Replica Honeymoon Bed - no headboard
Convention Hall pics...

GIGANTIC banner that all talent on the Convention stage signed after their panel was complete

My view from seat C68


Hillywood Show - Hostesses w/ the Most-esses
 

Panel #1 - Alex Meraz & Tinsel Korey (was supposed to be Alex & Charlie Bewley...but Charlie couldn't make it...so Tinsel had a second panel!)







I don't remember much from the panel...but I do recall a lot of talk about the shake-weight...Alex using the shake-weight, in either underwear or au natural in front of a mirror. In fact, I remember a lot of underwear conversations between these 2.


Panel #2 - Christian Camargo & Mia Maestro (the Twilight Saga newbies! But I have to say...these 2 handled themselves VERY well on the stage...provided great answers to the questions and seemed genuinely happy with the entire fandom experience!)





There was a lot of talk about Dexter (since Christian was the "Ice Truck Killer" during Season 1 and Mia's album).


Panel #3 - Melissa Rosenberg


A lot of discussion about the decisions she made with some of the changes she wrote into the movie that were a departure from the book (all reasons were somewhat justified...heehee) and of course, Dexter (seems she left after Season 4, which in my book...was the best season!)


Panel #4 - The Cullens (the convention hall was jam-packed by this time...lots of screaming of "I Love You's" that took up a little too much time since the panel felt compelled to answer each shout...and the Q&A was stalled)

 








Peter was explaining an embarassing moment with Kellan (using Jackson as a proxy) that involved peanut butter and an accidental hug...














Panel #5 (an add-on) - Charlie Bewley (since he wasn't able to make it to the first panel, they gave him about 10 minutes on-stage...which soooooo wasn't enough time! He's sooo entertaining! I mean, the man pulled down his pants so we could read the Ibiza on his chonies!)





Panel #6 - The one we were all waiting for! The Twifecta hit the stage and the crowd went WILD! Literally...my niece told me that in her section...a fight almost broke out because one lady told another lady to "shut up"



Please allow me to take a moment to explain that I took A LOT of Rob & Kristen pictures. Why? Because I heart Rob & Kristen! The girl behind me said "she just keeps taking pictures of Rob & Kristen over and over again" and I was like...and, what's your point? LOL!! I wanted to capture googly eyes and bubble moments...they're just so fun to capture






Oops Taylor's head snuck in on this picture ;) I kid...I kid...it's almost 2am so I'm a little punchy...



I also LOVE Smiley Rob...it's just that when he laughs, he moves around too much and since I'm not using a flash...he sorta turns into Smiley Rob Blur...which isn't very fun to look at.


Looks like I may have caught Rob in mid-thought...






























I kinda dig that Kristen was like, "ok, I'm over my hair right now so let me put it into a pony-tail while I'm on stage...while someone is talking"






...and it's all done and she looks beautiful :) Looks like Rob is also admiring her handy-work






Well there ya have it...all of my best pictures from this evening...well,  yesterday evening technically.  I'm excited though...cuz I get to watch the clock turn itself back in 12 minutes...

And again...if you're going to use my pictures, please link me or site me as your source!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. You captured some memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete